The Golden Order Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Order Forums

A forum for all of the Golden Order members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Siege Wars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkstep
Knight
Knight
Darkstep

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:58 pm

found this guide on Runes of magic wiki thought it could answer some questions for people who have them about Siege Wars

here's the link for the whole page http://www.theromwiki.com/Siege_Wars

and this is the faq section
General Questions

What do I need to participate in a Siege War?

* To take part in a Siege War you need a level 7 Guild with a Guild Castle.

* During the beta phase, Guild Castles can only reach level 9, whereas secondary buildings can only be built up to a level of 4.

When does the battle begin?

* The registration period is between 22.00-18.00 CET/GMT+1, the preparation period between 18.00-20.00 CET/GMT+1, and the battle itself between 20.00-22.00 CET/GMT+1.

How do I register my guild for a Siege War?

* The guild leader should open the guild menu (default: G) and click on ‘Battles’. They should then choose ‘Siege War’ and finally click on ‘Register’.

How can I see if my guild is going to take part in a Siege War?

* After the guild leader has registered the guild for a Siege War it will be displayed in a list with all the other registered guilds.

Can I cancel the registration?

* Registration can be cancelled at any time during the registration process.

Can you re-register on the same day??

* Yes. However, as soon as the preparation period begins, withdrawal is no longer possible.

What is the preparation period?

* During this period members of each guild can enter the battle using the Siege War Menu.

What happens if there are small and large guilds in the list?

* All guilds receive a score. Guilds with the same score will face each other in battle. All guilds start with a score of 1000 points.

How do these scores progress?

* The winning guild takes 10% of the defeated guild’s score.

Can I leave a battle once it has begun?

* In the Siege War Menu there is a button which players can use to leave the battle.

What happens when all of a guild’s players leave the battle before it’s over?

* The battle continues whether there are players left in the battle or not.

If I die in battle do I receive a penalty for dying (‘debt’) and/or a loss of armor durability?

* No. However, you do receive a debuff with a negative effect which lasts for ten minutes. If you die again during this time the debuff will increase. A player can be burdened by a maximum of four such debuffs at the same time. In addition, whoever enters the battlefield already injured will also receive a debuff.

The Siege War

What happens to our constructed secondary buildings?

* All buildings which have been constructed will appear with secondary functions for the battle.

* Depending on the building type, you can construct siege engines, magical defense towers, obtain special magic spells, or increase your movement speed using Crystals which you acquire during the battle. These are just a few examples. There are many other different ways of tactically using your Crystals.

How do you acquire Crystals?

* The guild receives 10 Crystals every 10 seconds as long as the Guild Honor Crystal is protected.

* In addition, guilds receive a pool of 5000 Crystals for capturing a Node.

* Some Towers can also be used to create Crystals and Merits!
* Each player also receives Merits by actively participating in the battle (e.g. by defeating an opponent).

What can you do with Crystals?

* Similarly to the section ‘What happens to our constructed secondary buildings?’: You can construct siege engines, defense facilities, or acquire powerful spells.

What can you do with Merits?

* These are shown in the middle of the display.
* The first player to obtain 100 merits becomes a ‘herald’ and then receives special characteristics such as access to special abilities, e.g. faster movement.

How do you win the battle?

* Each side begins with a Guild Honor Crystal in their guild castle and 3 small Towers guarded by NPCs, as well as 5000 points.
* Capturing one of these Towers gives you 1000 points, and capturing a guild’s Honor Crystal is rewarded with 2000 points.

* If one guild captures the other guild’s Honor Crystal, the latter has 5 minutes to recapture it, after which the siege will have been lost.

* However, if all of the battlefield’s Crystals fall into the hands of one guild, the opposing guild will immediately lose.

Where can I see how many Crystals and Points we have?

* By entering the battle every player will see a compact overview graphic which can be enlarged by clicking on the middle Crystal (this is either red or blue, depending on the team).

* The following details are shown for each side:
o Duration of the battle
o Guild name
o Number of participants
o Number of Crystals
o Crystal Score
o Personal Merit Score

What sorts of rewards are there?

* You will receive a variety of rewards according to your performance, as well as your guild’s performance in particular battles, such as armors and packages. These can contain guild runes, secondary blue armor, or even experience and talent charms, amongst others.

* Furthermore, there are a few quests available to your guild which can only be completed during these battles.

* A large number of different titles await you which can improve attributes or give you special abilities etc..

hope it helps

Last edited by Darkstep on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://redbellaonline.com/
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks for posting this!
Back to top Go down
Purdy
Knight
Knight

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:58 am

This was super helpful, as I've only been to one seige and was kind of wondering what was going on the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

They better fix siege wars soon this is nuts cant do something that I used to concider a pain but now concider fun. I not into PvP but I am great at gathering stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Siege wars is fun even for those that dont like PvP. It adds a strategic element into the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I will agree with that Vern. I can now actually enjoy PvP in my own way (hoping that I dont get attacked) while actually helping out the rest of the group without getting yelled at.
I just wish they would FIX it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 am

Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
Sponsored content

Siege Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siege Wars   Siege Wars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siege Wars
Page 1 of 1