The Golden Order Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Order Forums

A forum for all of the Golden Order members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) Empty
PostSubject: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:47 pm

The below is, in brief, a summary of Kiyalandriel and Aerlind's background from a Role Play perspective. These are characters we two have developed over some time, so it's important for us to keep that perspective because its really infused into our play when we do RP.

We also want to be able to mesh into the world Vernion has crafted, so from these two characters perspectives the events on Candara are more or less occurring in a dream-state for them, so during RP events they may very well assume different identities than the below. Smile

Herein is written the story of Princess Kiyalandriel Celeithil, of her birth and life within the nation of Astera and how it passed that she came to Candara. Within much is also written of her devoted guardian and lover, Aerlind Coranar, whose life is as bound to her as the sun to day, and the moon to night.

It was many years by mortal reckoning, but not so long to the memories of elven-kind, when King Ivellior Celeithil’s grief was fresh from the loss of his wife after the birth of their first and only son. A masterful and prideful man, he subsumed his grief within hunts for what rare dangers stalked Astera’s virgin woods, and such was his skill and eagerness that on one such hunt he found himself separated from his retinue. Lost, he stumbled upon the sanctum of the nymph Ataralin, and became enamored with her beauty.

Earnestly he sought to woo her, but Ataralin had no reckoning of his station and denied him. Desperate for her affection, Ivellior took her in his arms and began to dance with her. He was a masterful dancer and though initially discomfited, Ataralin was drawn in upon the spell of the dance.

Thus Kiyalandriel’s birth was by the soul of music and the passion of dance.

Ivellior sought Ataralin in the woods again after some time, for although the duties of a king are great; his longing for her was great as well. It was to his surprise that on finding her again, that she held a babe with her, whom she called Lorien. Now, for the nymphs and dryads of the forest, the bonds between parent and child are not the same as among most races – their greatest bond is to the aspects of nature they are attuned towards. Seeing that the child was of both elvish and fey blood, and fearing for the child’s neglect from her mother, he offered to take his daughter to his castle and raise her. Ataralin was happy with this accord.

He named the child Kiyalandriel, in the high tongue of the elves, and she became well loved by the people of Astera as their princess, for she had a gentle kindness that few were not touched by and, when she sang or danced, such was her skill that few were the heart’s not pierced by her music.

As she matured into a young woman, Kiyalandriel found herself drawn more and more to the woodlands and, eventually, like her mother she too found a sanctuary to call her own within nature’s embrace. Unlike her mother she was not bound to it, but she retreated to it often to refresh and renew her heart and spirit.

It was there that she was attacked and may well have been killed, had it not been for the arrival of Aerlind. The magik of Kiyalandriel’s sanctuary was such that she had never been disturbed there, but on one day it was disturbed twice – first by serpentine humanoids bearing poison and death, and then second by one of Astera’s wardens, Aerlind, who tracked their course and arrived in time to help defend Kiyalandriel. It is certain in that moment that each was enamored of the other, but Aerlind was all too aware of his low station and Kiyalandriel was discomfited by the attempt on her life and the intrusion in her sanctuary, so they gave no voice to their feelings but returned to the castle.

King Celeithil was alarmed by this assassination attempt, and appointed Aerlind to become Kiyalandriel’s bodyguard. Kiyalandriel was not the sort of princess to sit idly by against threats against her and her country, and King Celeithil was of the mind that she should grow in strength and experience, and not merely be decoration within his castle walls. Thus, Aerlind and Kiyalandriel had a great many adventures together, the tale of which would be long in telling indeed. It was not long upon the course of their adventures before they admitted their affection for each other, and began to plot in secret a means by which they could remain together beyond the arrangement of bodyguard to princess.

Yet Ivellior had the grand plans of a King in his mind and arranged for a marriage of his daughter to a powerful foreign king in order to seal an alliance between their two countries. Both Kiyalandriel and Aerlind were distraught by this arrangement, and Kiyalandriel made no secret of her displeasure in it, but Ivellior insisted she at least meet the king, hoping she might be persuaded. And thus, Kiyalandriel and her protector Aerlind boarded a sailing vessel to make for the foreign king’s land, dreading their arrival.

Yet their arrival has been forestalled. It is not clear what happened to their vessel on its course, only that one night Kiyalandriel slept and dreamt while the ship sailed into a great bank of mist and has not emerged. It may have been lost their, or attacked by the ferocious shark-people of the open seas, or perhaps it slipped upon a silhouette of dream and left the coil of its native world. Whatever happened to it is a mystery to both Kiyalandriel and Aerlind, for both survived, only to find themselves washed upon an elven island in a land they do not know. Here they are caught in both body and mind, for at times they find themselves seeking a means to return home, and at others they fear what they might find should they do so…
Back to top Go down
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 am

*Applause* Clapping Clapping
Back to top Go down
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Except nobody really knows this is our background unless we've told you. But I am pretty open about being a Princess. I don't lie. queen
Back to top Go down
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 pm

This is me!
Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) Aluetr12
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:44 am

Your own work? If so, it is most impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:57 am

No. I'm a very artistic/creative person but not so much when it comes to art. I've had this picture a long time from another artist. Glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

PostSubject: More pictures   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:05 pm

I have more Kiyalandriel and Aerlind type pictures if people are interested in seeing them.
Back to top Go down
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:20 pm

i wanna seee
Back to top Go down
Allyray
Captain
Captain
Allyray

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 pm

me too i would love to see more pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)   Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiyalandriel & Aerlind Background (RP)
Page 1 of 1