The Golden Order Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Order Forums

A forum for all of the Golden Order members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updating the Website

Go down 
+3
Spiritsong
kingcecil
Kiyalandriel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

Updating the Website Empty
PostSubject: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:26 pm

I was just wondering, do you think there will ever be a chance to update the website? I think a lot is kinda out of date, such as our main tank/main dps/main healer. Also, the past and present members thing is way out of date and the calendar is not accurate at all. Even the guild ranking system has changed. Is Verinon the only one who can update this stuff or can it be a group effort? I understand that people can be very busy with their lives so if this isn't possible... that's OKAY! I just thought I'd mention it because it would be neat to see it updated, but not essential.

~Kiya
Back to top Go down
kingcecil
Commander
Commander
kingcecil

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:53 pm

ya thats not good i mean tgo doesnt look like its advancing if u guys need any help just ask
Back to top Go down
Spiritsong
Spiritsong

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:49 am

I been trying to get the pain in the ass to update it for a while but no luck maybe this will work
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 am

who updates it? maybe i can zip along and make another one a better one more up to date faster.but that is something that i would only do if allowed and if others put in input that way the website is truly the guilds having each member make a list of wants. draw up the way they would like to see it look like. the possibilities with html/xtml and or php are endless.could even add character bio pages where everyone types up short history about their character<s> . could have a members page officers page a spot to put topics that are going to be or have been brought up during meetings that way if need be if people cant make it in game they still have a vote. plus that way the votes will be saved in history so others can look back on them. these are just a few of many ideas i have had after looking at the site.

these are just 2 of my small sites took only 30 minutes to an hour. i was in a hurry on these. but TGO's i would take more time on I have also handed both of these sites over and looks like needs updating. hehe the Kingdoms of Camelot one i left the game so i handed the site over to leader of the alliance. i have made several others over the years.

http://fishermansthoughts.weebly.com/

http://empireoftheelite.weebly.com/
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:52 am

Meep... I didn't think anyone visited the site anymore. That and I have the site closed for a bit to give us faster bandwidth... How did you even get in? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:03 am

wasnt closed or taken offline and if you want to open up band width you can loose the videos and just post them as links. because even tho it is a you tube it still pulls band width from site every time someone presses play. i use to own and operate an online radio station i had to upgrade site features a lot to keep enough band width to still hold an average of 3 million listeners. so if you need help let me know i am here for now.
Back to top Go down
Spiritsong
Spiritsong

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:19 am

Ver just got owned >.<
Back to top Go down
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:17 pm

lol update the history so only me and spirit can edit it XD and you..
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Well, anyways guys, I am working on the site to try to get it updated, but we need new pics and new information. Let's take this thread and make it into a thread to post things you want in the website.
Back to top Go down
darkdoom
Knight
Knight
darkdoom

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:59 pm

LESS BUTTERFLIES!
idk they make me feel uncomfortable... and they are just kind of gay...
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:11 pm

i personaly would like to see a members list something that can be updates so people that go on vacations from the game can see who is no longer in guild and who is. also a list of all the guilds in the alliance. it would be nice to see topics of discussion for the council meetings nothing fancy but just like this. nothing fancy but this way the council members know whats coming up. and it could also show votes made that way we have a history of meetings (like someone taking minutes).

example only
July 31
promotions
castle upgrades
up coming guild (50+) runs
things needing to be said in whole guild meeting
volunteers to help 30+ guildies
volunteers to help -30 guildies
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:22 pm

darkdoom wrote:
LESS BUTTERFLIES!

That's the forum, and it was a guild vote for the best one. Razz
Back to top Go down
darkdoom
Knight
Knight
darkdoom

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Verinon wrote:
darkdoom wrote:
LESS BUTTERFLIES!

That's the forum, and it was a guild vote for the best one. Razz
lol ok.
the other thing that would be cool is rep or expierience, but unluckily ForumMotion doesnt seem to like those ideas very much, as they have been knocked away numerous times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updating the Website   Updating the Website I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updating the Website
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Golden Order Forums :: The Golden Order Forums :: Comments-
Jump to: