Share | 

How Should I Fix It?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 am

I would like to ask for some advice from my past and present guild mates and my leaders. Verinon gave me his Red Thunder chest plate when I helped him replace his. I had the intention of handing it down to somebody who needed it when I was able to upgrade. I aggregated it onto the costume I wear. When I got a better chest plate, I aggregated that on top of the one I got from Verinon and destroyed The Red Thunder chest. Mono happened to be the next guildie that could wear that chest and needs one badly.

I feel that I owe it to Verinon and to Mono, and to the Golden Order to replace that chest plate in some way.

I have a lot of trouble keeping enough gold in my possession to do my repairs. Buying a Red Thunder chest off of the Auction House is not an easy option for me. It would be quite difficult.

It is difficult for me to get through Clops and I would probably have to run it numerous times daily to replace the Chest that way.

Grinneg has suggested that I help Mono level to 55 by accompanying on quests and I think that maybe I could also collect dailys materials for several days worth of dailys to help Mono level.

What suggestions do you guys have for replacing the chest or repaying the debt that I owe?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingcecil
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:40 am

i told u be4 go to Bloodfang clan in Weeping coast and farm skeleton dailys u make fast money
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:17 am

I spoke privately with Ally about this, but I'd like to say it publicly as well.

In my opinion, Ally hasn't incurred a debt. I wish it was easier to pass equipment in RoM but most of the good stuff takes unbinders and there is a cost associated with that. I think we'd all like to share our equipment, but it can be hard enough to keep ourselves in the gear we want and like. And yes, even appearance can be important. We all have to stare at our characters the whole time we are in RoM - so I don't consider aggregating a good item for appearance's sake as a waste.

I think we should praise those who are generous enough to donate items to other guildies, but I don't think we should look scornfully on those who don't. We are all at times selfish with our time, energy, gold, diamonds, tokens, or other currency that is dear to us. That's okay - this is a community, but its also a game. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingcecil
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 am

sometimes you have to think of yourself before others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 pm

kingcecil wrote:
sometimes you have to think of yourself before others.

Yeah, you are the king of that, so you would know.

Eh, not much you can do about it now, even thought it was the hardest piece to get.

Do what ya think you can do, but don't overexert yourself, and be sure to tell Mono you are sorry.

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D

Last edited by Verinon on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:08 pm

rarest piece of a bad set lol.. but i guess it represents time, effort and some sentimental value. hah i was there for the drop...

ALLY how could you?! Verinon pestered me soo much to dps clops lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm really sorry I destroyed that chest plate. It did represent some sentimental and very emotional value. Grinneg found a Red Thunder chest plate on AH and bought it and unbound it and mailed it to Mono. Its still not the chest plate that Verinon got and gave to me, but at least that part is taken care of. Thankyou all who responded to this thread. It was important to me and all of you who responded were ones I wanted responses from. I still would like to hear from Mono and Spiritsong on this, and anybody else who might have any input to give.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:58 pm

lol i was jk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 pm

I pretty much agree with Aerlind completely. I think that the way you handled the situation was great. I commend you for being honest about it and sharing it with us and apologizing to Mono and on top of it all, finding a solution that I think Mono will be okay with. That's all at least I would expect.

~Kiya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonoAonoM
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 am

Just so everybody knows i never really thought of it as a debt to me and i let Ally know this. I always said that if they did get it, it would help immensly and i could never thank them enough. I want to thank her and Grinn though for buying me the chest off the AH and Aerlind for the cape i am now up to 11.2k hp un-buffed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:53 am

i can see how all these nubs can shrug it off... but im slightly upset.. Verinon made me farm clops and use luck pots that i bought with rubies.. and all i want is that you acknowledge that you screwed up big time. I thank you for doing this. To Mono and whoever says this isnt a big deal it is. it had lots of sentimental value and it was a big deal

(also, i didnt really read some of the posts (TLDR XD) so if i said something that didnt make sense too bad!!) bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:20 am

Neutral

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:04 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:38 pm

ok Blakjak, and everybody, I did screw up big time. I blew it. I messed up. I am really very sorry that I destroyed that chest. It did have a lot of sentimental value and I have been very upset with myself for destroying it. It was precious to me for having belonged to Verinon, for having been something he wore. I don't feel like this is no big deal. I do, however, feel that once I made the mistake, I handled the clean up of it very well. If there is anybody who does not think I have done the right thing, have not done enough to fix the situation, please tell me what more I need to do.

I know it doesn't really matter, but it was a mistake that I didn't mean to make. I wasn't really thinking at the moment about how the transmutator works. My thinking process has been rather screwy lately because of all the headaches. Please forgive me? Or maybe I shouldn't be playing at all till all my headaches are gone and I am well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I valued that chest piece at about 3 t8 mana Stones >_>

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Allyray wrote:
Or maybe I shouldn't be playing at all till all my headaches are gone and I am well?

My thoughts exactly.

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am

Do you really want me to not play until who knows how long? I may never play again for all I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:13 am

I think you will take Verinon's opinion more seriously than mine, but in my opinion, I would rather you play when you are up to it. You are invaluable to the guild. I love having you in siege. I love just chatting with you. You are THE tank of the guild right now and I really want to run instances with you not for items so much as I just enjoy running with you and other friends. I mean, if you are in pain or are tired, of course I'd rather you not play and take care of yourself, but it seems you are regulating yourself okay. So when you are up for it, I at least for one, enjoy and love having your presence and would be devastated to see you stop.

~Kiya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:27 am

Okay - the only people truly affected by this item are Ally and Mono. Both of them have come to a satisfactory resolution, based on their statements. So let's drop that part and let it go, yes?

Ally - I know you know you shouldn't be staying up all night or be in pain while playing, but I hope you know the active membership of TGO (and myself personally) needs you. Badly. We enjoy playing with you, we really appreciate your presence as our main tank and your voice of leadership. When your health needs call, we want you to listen. But this item, this little mistake (and I'm sure everyone on this thread has made mistakes), is not worth dropping out of the game for.

Let's move on and keep having fun as a team, a guild, and a group of friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm

everythings cool ally
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Thankyou all who have responded to this and helped me take care of the matter. I'm ready to move on as Aerlind suggested. I have been playing RoM, and I don't intend to stop unless the Dr. says I need to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:43 pm

lol seems like we always go offtopic in the threads lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Take it easy and if your head starts to hurt time for a break. Dont push it. We are just humans and we all need a break on occasion (my monitor at home gives me headaches at times). We all enjoy the time that we see you in game but your and everyones health should come first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiritsong

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 pm

blakjak02 wrote:
rarest piece of a bad set lol.. but i guess it represents time, effort and some sentimental value. hah i was there for the drop...

ALLY how could you?! Verinon pestered me soo much to dps clops lol..

Bad set ? idk bud i'd say its pretty damn good the better words for it is out dated

Moderator. If you have any questions or need any game/forum help send me a PM Very Happy

"I am sane. It's this world that's crazy."

"I am only one man with one heart...Call me a demon, call me a monster...but I can't be the strongest forever..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Should I Fix It?   

Back to top Go down

How Should I Fix It?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Golden Order Forums :: The Golden Order Forums :: Chat-
Jump to: