The Golden Order Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Order Forums

A forum for all of the Golden Order members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

With the way siege has been going....

Go down 
+10
vulpes
Kiyalandriel
rohm
Aerlind
Dragonchampion
blakjak02
kingcecil
Allyray
Honoka
MonoAonoM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Allyray
Captain
Captain
Allyray

With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Those of us who extract crystals and then use the merits to get traps from the banners and from the processing factory need to make sure somebody gets herald first. We need one person to have 1000 merits in order to get herald. The 1000 merits can then be used to get cats or traps or whatever, along with any more merits we collect, but herald needs to be the first thing we go for.
Back to top Go down
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm

I agree that we need to go for herald fairly quickly, and we usually do, we just also need to lay some traps down, especially by the towers we take and closer to them otherwise we won't have anywhere to collect merits from and no place to buy traps if we don't somewhat protect our towers. So I would say a good balance between laying a few traps and saving some for herald should be kept.
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 pm

I think between the 2 of us - Kiya and I keep tower protection and herald gathering at a good balance. Smile
Back to top Go down
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:01 pm

id help with strategy but im kinda rust because i havent done siege in a while plus in darkanimus we got some major firepower so we can go all out attack and have 1 person defend the castle 2 people defend the 2 middle towers and everyone else attack.
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:31 am

tonight we won because we are just that good .....lol no we won because no one opposed us from the other guild but maybe that's because they know we are that good. i am still upset i didn't make my goal tonight of killing one enemy at least with the catapult. i mean i went three days in a row killing someone with the catapult then tonight no one damn them. i am trying to level guys as fast as i can so i can suit up and step in the fight as well.
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 am

Yep, 7/14's siege we were unopposed. At least we got someone new (Iwillknow) to try herald and get a little more used to it. Anytime we have a cupcake fight like that I encourage that we share what we know and try some new things so that we have even better knowledge and strategy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iwillknow
Holy Knight
Holy Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:52 am

YEAH for trying Hearld king Very Happy just wish i could of tried it out by killing one of there members Sad and possibly test out the Hearld skills better
Back to top Go down
Allyray
Captain
Captain
Allyray

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:15 am

For 7/15 Siege, I forgot to get us registered. I'm really sorry. I also apologized in guild chat and offered to pass lead. Everybody who responded said it was okay and I am glad for the forgiveness from my guildies there. I will try harder to remember and I would love all the help I can get in remembering to register.
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Allyray wrote:
For 7/15 Siege, I forgot to get us registered. I'm really sorry. I also apologized in guild chat and offered to pass lead. Everybody who responded said it was okay and I am glad for the forgiveness from my guildies there. I will try harder to remember and I would love all the help I can get in remembering to register.

quit beating yourself up save that energy and aggression to use against the next guild we face. Smile and to be 100% honest i am extremely thankful we didnt have siege because while others were in shock that we did or complaining or what ever. i went out and busted ass getting as many quests done and from the time siege would have started to 2 hours later i made 3 levels on my priest and one level on my mage. so thank you for forgetting once so i had an excuse to get caught up because i love siege and if i have 100 quests left but its time for siege and we are register you can bet your back side i will be trying to get into it.
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:49 am

tonight's siege was great. everyone did great.we had a couple of first time siegers that i was trying to inform them on what to do so that you higher level guys and gals could focus more on the battle at hand.i can believe iwill was a bully picking on that poor lvl 22 Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Iwillknow
Holy Knight
Holy Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am

sorry that the 22 was in plain sight and i could easily get the siege badge thing (forgot what it was called) plus any other guild would of easily of done the same thing, i was just happening to be farming siege badges F*** You
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:14 am

7/16's siege was a handy victory for us, fighting Mercenary on Reni. We swept the field and took the towers very quickly, as we had excellent participation (16 of us vs 10 of them). We also got herald very quickly (Kudos to Loralyn for harvesting so many merits so quickly!), and between the whirlwind attack of the herald and our siege weapons the gates and honor crystal were taken down in short order.

The stiffest resistance came from a 56 scout on their side, but he was very sporting and wished us well in world chat afterwards. Kudos to Iwillknow for responding in kind.

Oh, and during the siege, any combatant is fair game - never stay your blade, bow, or spell!

Cool
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:40 am

oh i know they are fair game i was just pickin at iwill. but yes kudos to iwill for responding in world so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Kiya & I most likely will not be on siege tonight (7/17); due to a friend's birthday party. Best of luck tonight everyone!
Back to top Go down
Spiritsong
Spiritsong

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 am

Seige was fun everyone did a great job even though we were out numbered and outgeared and we still held them off till the last 5mins o the things you can do with traps XD
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 am

we did loose. and i want want to apologize for not getting everyone in the party right away. no one was adding to party and since i was already at tower getting merits i tried to step up to the plate inviting everyone i seen. i tried to keep traps and guildies healed but it was hard being stuck in the wall. but i did kill one of them yay go me. he was only at 10% health when i started to attack him but go me. so even tho i was stuck in the wall i made my goal.
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: tonights siege rocked   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am

first off GREAT JOB to everyone there. you higher level guys were great you hit them strong fast and hard. you guys did outstanding. we won this seemed an easy win for us a little harder than a practice. i know i didn't do much but like always i watch the chat and the map to watch movements and strategies, so one day i can go out there and be as strong a team player as everyone else. Tonight we lost two great people and player i say lost even tho one is going to be sticking around on his alt to help the guild still. but both of these players (Grinneg and Lanny) left us not on sour terms but to better themselves. which i personally judge anyone for bettering them self. in fact i salute the both of them and wish them the best of luck in their journeys and hope they decide to come back. if it has not been noticed i have been trying to stay out of guild chat i mean its pulled up so i see it but i am not talking in it. this is because i am trying my best to level as fast as i can. not so i can wear cool gear, but so i can be of more assistance in siege as well as runs.
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 am

7/18's siege went very well - alas that it will be the last union in siege battle with two of our finest. I'm reminded well of the days when Verinon, Technician, Pingolina, Blakjak, Oreilly and other great friends strode the battlefield with us, and the strength and leadership they lent to the field that saw us through many hard battles. Now Grinneg and Lanny have moved on as they have - their individual talents have outstripped the challenges that TGO has been able to provide for them. Always in our minds will they remain as great friends, as we hold out hope for the reunion of The Golden Order with all friends: past, present and future.

It is hard to overstate the presence that Grinneg brought to siege. We welcome the presence of his alt, and appreciate every contribution in siege battle from every player, but when we were at our weakest he was strongest - he single-handedly would hold up tower guards and allow others to take towers, and would be the solid rock upon which our enemies often spent themselves fruitlessly.

Lanny's star has risen greatly as he has grown in strength. When Kiya and I went on vacation, I asked him to fill in for me in gathering merits for herald and building siege weaponry and I know he filled that role admirably. But truly, he has become great in personal strength and a terror to TGO's enemies on the field and I have no doubt he will become even greater as he confronts any and all new challenges that lie in his path.

Both of you will be dearly missed and it has been a privilege to fight alongside you. Happy will be the day of your return, should it come to pass, and happily will the memories of your presence be kept even should such a day never come to pass.

Back to top Go down
Allyray
Captain
Captain
Allyray

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Aerlind, that was beautifully written; I started to tear up a little reading it. It is hard when our friends move out to other guilds. I also remember the days of having Pingolina, Blakjak, Verinon, Technician, Oreilley, Grinneg, and others having awesome victories on the battle field of Siege War. I don't think I am alone in saying I miss each and every one of these members that we have lost. Granted, I knew some of them better than others, and therefore miss them even more. One of them, Grinneg, I cannot miss because he lives with me and is my husband.

Vulpes, I am happy to see you working hard to level as quickly as possible. We need a new healer for the end game instances as soon as possible. Keep up the good work.

siege war notes and forethought

number one thing is we do great at siege even with out a whole plan but a couple of changes could be useful

1) all low level need to stick to the crystal tower to the right of the castle to collect merits most of us do this but i do notice that some wonder off to other towers hell i have moved to towers closer to the action so that i am there to give merits for traps that was before i knew you got merits for killing people. but this will make it easier for the higher ups to collect merits from us. because we are all in one spot.

2) i personally would like to keep 40 or 50 merits on hand enough to make a wall catapult. because the other night when we lost but held our castle i built one and attacked the tower closest to the castle and brought those guards to me and held them there for 45-50 seconds which is enough time for a higher up to go cap it while i hold guards back. and another higher up to trap it.

3) in the forums it would be nice to see a list of the prices for everything in siege we use catapults rams and treacheries so us lower ups know ok this tower isn't trapped do i have enough merit to at least put one trap that might save my ass, hmm let me stop collecting merit and go to the banner and see.<sorry had to be smart ass>.

4) even tho we sort of do it in the forums i would like the responsibility of during siege taking notes of whats going on and then send them to you or someone for critiquing then maybe once a week after siege go over them in guild meeting to see where we can improve and also to complement those that did outstanding jobs or stepped up to the plate when someone didn't show up.

5)have the higher up post what skills they use the most in siege granted not all of us lowlies will think those skills are great but it will help us get a template better than let me put a couple points in here and here ok those suck that's or was only 400 tp per skill wasted.that is something that can be posted in the forums and as an announcement.

6) ask higher ups to volunteer their time with the lowlies have all the lowlies party up with that one or two higher ups and run a dungeon but the higher ups are only there to watch lowlies behavior and play style and to help if in trouble. also have the lowlies announce what positioned they are playing tank, secondary tank, dps, aoe, healer and secondary healer and a puller if you count that as a positions. granted this sounds like nothing to do with siege but it will help lowlies obtain gear and practice their positions for siege for when they are high enough. this also give the higher up opportunity to see the lowlies potential in that role and might make some higher ups realize how important it is for us to lvl and get to the point we can do something in siege.

7) we are all duel classed right lets start acting like it. by this i mean if your a mage/priest and their are several others same class which there are. everyone needs to take turns in the role of mage caster and priest healer. not every one switch all the time but have the healer change occasionally, one this gives practice and also make every one a more well rounded player, and two it wont get so repetitive no one will get burned out this way.

8)the herald since (s)he needs the merits the most and first should be some one that stays by the lowlies until (s)he has enough merits granted this might take a stronger player out of the fight and put the person that usually guards the lowlies into it. but this will be quicker herald because you aren't running from the front lines back your already there.

9) have the lowlies start building the siege weapons after the herald has made the first ones i have noticed the herald usualy make a couple cats and a ram or vica verca then another higher up halls ass back to the castle to make more why when we usually have 4 or 5 lowlies sitting at the crystal right outside of the castle if they know which ones to make like Maj does for example they can make themselves and drive it into battle this will give us one more higher up in the fight and that way the higher up is not building the siege weapon then yells for a lowly to come get it this cuts down on the time it takes to get those weapons in there. plus gives lowlies practice at making stuff and familiarity in driving them.

Last edited by Allyray on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:17 am

First off, my apologies for Kiya & I not being on last night. I'm dealing with some physical problems right now and I ended up falling asleep and then Kiya did as well. Hopefully I'll be in better shape soon.

My comments on some of your suggestions.

#1 - I don't actually mind it when I'm collecting if I have to go to multiple places. Typically, the lions share of my merits don't necessarily come just from the less experienced by the tower. Loralyn regularly collects a massive amount of merits from the middle floating balls, for instance - and a great deal of merits can be had by the front line fighters. Also, there is a tactical advantage to having at least one person by each tower. You get an earlier warning if it is going to be attacked if they are paying attention.

#2 - No need to use merits on a wall catapult! You can buy a wall catapult from the arsenal for a mere 150 crystals! If you need a wall catapult, that's where you should get it, in most situations. The merits are more valuable than the crystals, typically.

#3 - For siege weapons:

-Wall mounted catapults: 150 crystals
-Replacement bridge ballista: 1150 crystals

1st Tier Ram: 200 crystals, 20 merits

2nd Tier Weapon: 300 crystals, 100 merits (catapult, ram, ballista)

3rd Tier Weapons: 600 crystals, 150 merits (catapult, ram ballista)

Rams are ideal for taking out gates and other buildings. Ballista are best used against opposing players, while catapults do the most damage to opposing siege weapons (and are great for taking out the honor crystal at the opposing castle as well).

Traps: Face of Treachery: 30 merits. These are the traps you should be using 95% of the time. Keep them tight to towers or hidden if not trapping towers. Be sneaky.

Towers: Fire/Lightning Towers: 200 crystals, 20 merits. The fire tower can be upgraded once placed for 50 crystals/merits with a fear add on effect which is quite good.

Crystal extraction: 100 merits. Limited to 5 total of these, they harvest crystals automatically. Place somewhere very safe and away from the fight (eg: inside the inner keep)

Visual illusion: 200 crystals. Hides nearby traps. Good to place by towers.

Other towers: Offer nearby healing and boosts. Situationally useful.

#4 - I'd say the ideal time/place for this is either in the forum or before and after siege, when matters are freshest on individuals mind.

#5 - Good idea. Generally speaking, skills that stun or disrupt the opponent are the most useful in siege, along with heavy damage of course.

#6 - I think we do help our low levels out a lot with instance runs, but I'll admit we could probably teach tactics better. I know I wasn't taught much doing runs growing up - it was mostly just get in, get out as quick as possible.

#7 - I'd say to this... if you are equally geared/prepped for both classes this works, but I think that isn't necessarily very common. A lot of people have huge differences between their main and off class, and gearing an off-class can be a real hassle. Also, I don't make use of my warden half except to supplement my warrior half. I'm sure that's fairly common too.

#8 - I'd disagree with this. The herald should be a strong player at the front lines, earning merits there, then gathering from other high-levels, then head back to collect from others. We need to apply our strength at all times, and it is easy to go back quickly at need (you can always jump off a cliff in a pinch).

#9 - Probably a good idea, I think we should start implementing it in practice.

Thanks for the suggestions Ally, lot's of good stuff!
Back to top Go down
vulpes
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
vulpes

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 am

Aerlind wrote:
First off, my apologies for Kiya & I not being on last night. I'm dealing with some physical problems right now and I ended up falling asleep and then Kiya did as well. Hopefully I'll be in better shape soon.

My comments on some of your suggestions.

#2 - No need to use merits on a wall catapult! You can buy a wall catapult from the arsenal for a mere 150 crystals! If you need a wall catapult, that's where you should get it, in most situations. The merits are more valuable than the crystals, typically.

#6 - I think we do help our low levels out a lot with instance runs, but I'll admit we could probably teach tactics better. I know I wasn't taught much doing runs growing up - it was mostly just get in, get out as quick as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions Ally, lot's of good stuff!

My response to Aerlind response to Ally's post

# 2- wow i did not know this all i knew is the other night against black i was one merit shy of building a wall catapult.

#3 - thank you Aerlind that shopping list is a great help.

#6 -You guys help constantly. im just ready to play healer role and learn different techniques used by our best healers (unfortunately Grinneg left but he has given me great info and for that i thank him.) but your right every time i have been on a run with any of they higher ups it has seemed like a race to get in and get out quickly. i have actually went and found my own party of low levels to run an instance or boss, even tho a chunk of the guild was about to make same run with a higher up. i do not do this to disrespect in anyway i do this to better my play style because this forces me to play the role of a healer and not the role of a dog chasing a semi.

but thank you both for the great information and ideas : ) and Aerlind don't worry about it man ("First off, my apologies for Kiya & I not being on last night. ") i think we tried to fill your roles and if nothing else this showed us how strong each player is and i also noticed a ton of tactical and defensive changes last night and i think we may have found a few good ideas out out it. i also got to be in the fight a bit which for me meant alot i made several good heals in fact i think i was the only priest (healer) in siege last night now that i think of it. i managed to kill a 41 and a 35 from their side by placings faces inside of a tree then getting them to chase me to the tree. but i noticed a lot of good things from a lot of our guildies that were in siege. Took several notes which i will send to Ally for gramarical review and then have her post. but first i need coffee.
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Need for tactics...

Hmmmm...

Alright. How many people in the guild are active? And how many are willing to LISTEN to the guild's founder should I get back online?

I may come back, depending on the amount of people and etc, because I might be able to organize a Castle Siege Scenario for the guild (1 team vs another team) and have a bit of an event. Look at the forum archives for the full rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:42 pm

lol i found some glitches in siege XD.. i as spawn-camping yesterday. Very Happy

edit: yes i sent a ticket in
Back to top Go down
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Kiyalandriel

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 pm

If Verinon is interested in coming back then great. However, I feel that with siege we are doing a great job and when we have people on and aren't outclassed, we always win. The times we have lost I feel are because we are outclassed by the other guilds high ranking high damaging people with very few high levels that got into siege. Siege is also still glitchy and not everyone always gets on so it's not always our fault. I think there is always room for improvement and that's why it's great we discuss these things, but I really don't think we are doing a horrible job, and I don't think Verinon is quite ready to just take up the lead with siege. He has missed a lot of what we have learned and how we function as a group and I think he would have to observe for awhile beforehand to understand where we are now. I also think we don't just listen to what one person calls out our demands, it's usually a group of us who work together through quick communication. That is my opinion. I don't think we are looking for a sole leader of siege... because what happens when people disagree or when that leader can't get in? Also, tactics are constantly changing in siege from switching between offense and defense and what guildies are in siege so one set of tactics just won't do. I think those that want to lead do and those that want to follow do, but we all work as a team in our own way and that should continue to happen. And I will admit that Aerlind and I really like sounding out tactics with each other and then presenting to guild during siege and I feel we do a good job and we would like to continue helping out on that front. We are both huge tactical players both in and outside of ROM.
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight
Aerlind

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 am

7/20's siege was a glorious victory for the order! Very Happy

Once again we fought Oldrepublic. This time our numbers were strong (14 vs 7, by my count) and we immediately took advantage. Kiya and I swept forward and took 2 towers and all contested towers were well secured by traps. Spiritsong is a bit obsessed with the things, and soon they were festooning the bridges and generally forcing them back onto their own turf.

Their guild tightened their defense upon their remaining tower, and rebuffed our attacks until we made a coordinated push on that front. At the same time I gathered enough merits for herald (thanks everyone for gathering, Opal, Vulpes, Ainrehtea, Kronox, Grinnzor, and others I am sure I am missing. Special thanks to Allistar and Ally for contributing the lion's share). Seeing the battle on Kiya's screen, I cast the herald's healing and invulnerability and their last tower was soon ours.

I built a pair of dual catapults and a lion ram, and we attacked a side gate. Between the arrival of these weapons and the herald tornado the outer gate went down fast, and the rest of their defense crumbled. Spirit never left our attack without the support of traps and towers and few stood before the attack of our highest levels.

Good work all around!

Verinon, I do hope you come back and join us sometime! Like Kiya, I think it would be wonderful if you would sit in on a few sieges and see how we are doing and then certainly point us in any direction we could improve upon. Your presence as a tank is also urgently missed. I think it would help tremendously with the stability of TGO if you were running HoS or other instances once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   With the way siege has been going.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

With the way siege has been going....
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next