Share | 

With the way siege has been going....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Okay despite all the craziness I must speak about siege on 8/1. It was a HARD fight, but we won!

The opponent outranked us and had lots of high level members, but we took the middle and held it for dear life. There were innumerable close calls where we almost lost the towers, but no one gave up and we managed to secure them and hold them back. We gained herald, but lost it when my pc crashed, and suffered another blow when spirit got d/c'ed while holding lots of traps.

I could speak endlessly of the bravery and heroic actions of all involved, but I think it would lose much in retelling. I took particular delight in frustrating their herald time and again as he sought to take our tower, and he met his fate on the end of my blade several times over. Smile

Whatever comes, it was a memorable event that I hope all are proud of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 am

I'll be there tomorrow, dont worry, but grats.

Had some things to do today.

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:06 am

Since its apparent they aren't coming back, let me speak on the behalf of 2 members we've lost.

Spiritsong is certainly as deeply rooted in TGO history as almost anyone could boast, and his name comes up in several places on this site. But I'll speak only of his actions in siege. Spirit was our trapmaster. He delighted in battles that see-sawed across the field, in which he could lay a labyrinth of traps to harry and frustrate our foes. He was demanding in this task at times, and at times single-minded in this pursuit, but his actions and the skill on our field meant ten times over the frustration of our foes.

Monoaonom was fearless in siege, and tireless in his quest to earn Lady Kiyalandriel's hand in marriage, at times to my consternation. But he was a fine knight and his courage and strength on the field is not easily replaced. Equally will his presence be missed on instance runs.

8/2's siege was against HeavenlySouls - and against many former members of TGO. I would like to deeply thank all members of TGO, past and present, who united for a short time under one banner to see us be strong against this one foe, which unfortunately we lost to - 4000/6000. The fighting was ferocious and the field swung upon the middle towers, but they held them early and kept them for the rest of the fight. Iwillknow, Lanny, Oreilley, Spiritsong, Monoaonom and Grinneg all returned to join in this fight and their presence was surely the bastion which kept us strong, where otherwise we would have not had the fighting chance we did. Bittersweet was last night's siege, to see so many friends fighting as one again, but then to lose them to the noble pursuits to which they have turned.

This night our victory was in fighting well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka2
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:41 am

Ok wtf did i miss??? When did we lose these guys and why?? I do hope they come back cause I definately will miss them myself, plus I do not want to see TGO die a sad slow death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonoAonoM
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:05 pm

I am going to be keeping my alt in the guild and will occasionally check up on u guys with it. Today i got Spirit to come on a HoTO run with me and my new guild. If you guys ever want me to join you in an instance just give me a whisper i'd be glad to be there and talk to you. BTW my alts name is Nomnomers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

8/3's siege went very well. Our opponents only had 4 points and are friends of the Order, but really could put up only token resistance against our attacks. Everyone did an excellent job and it was nice to have Verinon participate in siege as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka2
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm

I really feel sorry for those guys last night. Mostly low lvl players and I might have gone overboard in the killing of them (but that is the way I play seige). They did try though is what I like to see.
Also it was very nice to have Veri back in seige, although I wish the other guild had more high lvl players online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iwillknow
Holy Knight
Holy Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:18 am

Just to give u guys a heads up for whenever Covenant faces TGO please do not be mad at me for killing u in siege Twisted Evil , i will be doing what helps my guild whether it be killing u guys or not. So please no anger towards me Cool

Also Phrost was hoping u guys would of lost 8/4 so we could face u guys sooner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka2
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Not gonna be any hate towards you. But be aware that you may be a main target. Last night the guild we faced was from a PvP server. It was so funny it was stupid. We had 4 towers fast, then ahd some trouble getting the other 2 (I think we got a bit big headed). It was taking them forever to take me down (i guess they didnt like the mage with over 20k hp one shotting them), plus their flame towers were only hitting me for a bit over 500 points each. Thanks to some nice healing we still managed to take the last 2 towers and had one gate down to 30% or less but we couldn't get into their castle.
Guy's we really need to listen to whomever is taking charge (I think I got the biggest head when it started to take them forver to kill me). I do believe that if we had listened a bit more we could ahve taken their crystal. Still everyone did an awesome job and with the return of Spiritsong it was a blast. Lets see if we can keep winning and climbing the ladders to the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Iwillknow - there shall be no quarter asked for and no quarter given should we face you in siege. Very Happy

8/4's siege, as Honoka, mentioned was a victory, but I agree things were a bit sloppy. Kiya & I were a bit distracted, what with the real life items going on for us, so my apologies for that. I agree that we could have done better with our focus and hopefully that will come as things settle down.

I'm really glad to have Spiritsong back! He took his first turn at herald and I do believe he enjoyed the experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiritsong

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Lol yeah its nice being herald

Moderator. If you have any questions or need any game/forum help send me a PM Very Happy

"I am sane. It's this world that's crazy."

"I am only one man with one heart...Call me a demon, call me a monster...but I can't be the strongest forever..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Sorry guys, but I won't be able to come back for a few days. Might be on for a few minutes tomorrow, but that will be it because of my birthday. See you guys on Saturday!

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Have a happy birthday Verinon, if I do not otherwise see you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka2
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Happy early B-Day Veri also. Hopefully we will see you online and we can wish your B-Day properly. Don't get too old you might catch me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:39 am

8/5 & 8/6's sieges were loses. I was present at 8/5's siege, in which we were outmatched in numbers and severely outmatched by their gear/stats. I don't think much was going to change that.

I understand 8/6 was closer and I wish we could have been there, but this weekend is really busy for us. I'm hoping we will be there tonight, but I'm not sure we'll make it because we have a baseball game. We'll do our best!

Last edited by Aerlind on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iwillknow
Holy Knight
Holy Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:03 am

not to be a censored again Aerlind but u have ur dates messed up again. 8/5 & 8/6 were losses. I just wonder how 8/7 went, wonder who u faced and what the outcome was Very Happy . Spirit this is for u F*** You
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiritsong

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:49 am

LOL just cause your guilds dps fails is not my fault my heals > your dps I own you shouldn't be so shocked Razz

Moderator. If you have any questions or need any game/forum help send me a PM Very Happy

"I am sane. It's this world that's crazy."

"I am only one man with one heart...Call me a demon, call me a monster...but I can't be the strongest forever..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:19 am

well guys. I have come to a decision. While the pros of coming back where quite many and I did feel like coming back for a time, it seems that whenever I think about RoM now, I think of the drama and chaos that befalls me every time I get on.

It just seems that whenever I just want to sit and play it comes and bites me in the arse. I don't know if it is because I am personally so dramatic or what, but I think it might just be from leading a guild for so long.

For that reason, I have a few announcements to make. First of all, i am not quitting. I know it seems that way, but Im not.

Second, I will probably pop in for a few his, but that is it. I might even get on tonight for a few minutes.

Third, I can't take the drama anymore; this is the true reason I am not returning immediately. My heart cannot seem to take it, and with high blood pressure in the family, I am very susceptible to stressful things, like RoM has become for me. The fight we had on the 3rd pretty much hurt my heart to the point I slept for nearly 20 hours the next day.

Anyways, on this note, I will be in the forums, I will be around, if ya need me, just PM me. I will try to get on for a bit when I can as well.

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
kingcecil
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:51 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Razz how come it doesnt say on the forums?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:11 am

Heh, I disabled it. With just a birthdate and your location people can find out a lot about you, especially with apps like the one in my signature.

<--Paranoid

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 am

8/7's siege was a defeat. We fought Covenant, and both Iwillknow and Xurgon (alternate characters of existing members and former members of the Order) fought against us. We were quite heavily outmatched against Covenant, which outnumbered us and certainly out-geared us. Most of their front line fighters had 20-40k hp and hit like a ton of bricks.

Despite my best efforts I didn't get a chance to take down Iwillknow or Xurgon. Oh well, it was entertaining to make the attempt. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iwillknow
Holy Knight
Holy Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Aerlind stand still next time and u will have a better chance to kill me lol! . Spirit i will kill u one day u were sitting behind the wall when i was attacking u F*** You
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:36 am

8/8's siege was a loss - we fought heavenly souls again. Unfortunately we did not have our former strength on our side and. although they were missing a person or 2, they outnumbered us quite severely.

T'would be appreciated if, in the future and as a general note, if you do choose to participate in siege and decide not to actively fight, at least keep the disparaging comments to a minimum. It is bad for morale when your trying to hang on to the defenses to keep hearing about how badly you are going to lose. Heck, we almost salvaged a stand at the honor crystal before time ran out. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 am

8/9's siege was a win for the Order - our opponents were numerous but not our match in skill at all and we easily drove them into their keep, got Herald and took down their honor crystal. Well done one and all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 am

Well, I haven't been keeping this up to date as much with everything going on. Our siege numbers have dwindled a bit - but we still have a passionate core of siege players that keep us very competitive, even when we are outmatched.

Rather than speak individually of sieges, I think its time i thanked that core and sung their praises. Very Happy

Ainrehtea - I miss having Ainrehtea around as much in siege, but I hope Rohan Online is lot's of fun Ain. Don't forget to pay us a visit now and again. Cool Ainrehtea is a very solid gatherer of merits who has been extremely reliable and selfless in doing so in siege. She's also been our go to woman for siege weapons lately, which she acquits herself quite well too.

Allistardragon - Allistar is the strong silent type. He's another selfless rock in siege that I don't think get's credited as much as he should with how extremely helpful he is both on the front lines and in gathering. Kudos, fellow warrior.

Chillout/Flamed - Chillout is one of our lower level gatherers who helps out a great deal on that front and he also helps out a great deal with driving siege weapons and putting up towers and traps when we need it and the battle is pressed on the front lines. He's quite expert at the siege weapons particularly.

Daisan - Daisan is a monster in siege. He's not online every night, but we all have busy nights. Its definitely noticeable when he is there, because it's a huge boost to our fighting power. Also, he has made extremely generous contributions towards the 'stone wall' project.

Dieddre - Dieddre has been a reliable gathered in siege, and also a reliably welcome voice in guild chat in giving advice and direction when needed.

Giggs - Giggs is a rock in siege. He is always reliable for gathering merits and does so selflessly every single siege. Whenever we need herald, its a sure bet he has a significant chunk of the merits we need and I really appreciate all the effort put into that every night. The way I understand it, he's getting to the point where it may be time for him to spend more time contributing in the front lines as our sniper...

Jevi - Jevi is also one of our merit gatherers and is darn good at it, usually coming up with a large bulk of the herald merits when we are doing well and a lot for defenses if things are not going our way. He's very communicative, which helps a lot too!

Kiyalandriel - Can't forget to mention my fiance. We used to have so many healers in TGO, but I think Kiya has become one of the few left of high level. She makes a huge difference on the field - in offense when she is around it means we have staying power. On defense she keeps our fortifications intact when the rest of us flail around for the means to be beat back the enemy. She is my personal rock and I'd be useless without her.

Loralyn - Boy I miss Loralyn in siege. She really brought firepower. Here's hoping you'll come back!

Lotha - Lotha is our 'weekend warrior', siege is hard for him during the week, but we appreciate his efforts when he can get in on weekends!

Opalthira - Miss you Opal. I hope Rohan is treating you well, but anytime you'd like to come back and help us out with siege, we'd love having you!

Queijeiro - Que is extremely reliable in siege, and a potent force on the front lines. I'll never forget the one siege that he and Kiya won together on their own and his presence is extremely stabilizing. He's very savvy on taking contested towers as well, and his quick thinking has been very effective.

Sepsis - A bit on the newer side to siege, but a very welcome addition. More magical firepower has been a real boon lately.

Purdycolors - I love having Purdy in siege. She's disruptive and a headache - to our enemies! She also harvests a lot of merits. I know I can rely on Purdy to disrupt our enemies.

Ultratroni - Ultra is passionate about siege in a way I don't think anyone can match and he is fearless when it comes to taking the fight to the enemy. If at any point my morale might be lagging because we're getting beat, he kicks it right back up to where it should be. He's flung himself in desperate defense of our honor crystal that speaks to a tenacity that few could hope to match.

The danger (especially early in the morning and in a hurry) is that I've missed someone, but I will edit this later if I have. Thank you to everyone who makes siege wars a success, win or lose!

Last edited by Aerlind on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a couple folks)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   

Back to top Go down

With the way siege has been going....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next