With the way siege has been going....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MonoAonoM
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:42 am

So currently it seems that a majority of the time not a whole lot of people are getting into siege or are not able to make it on for IRL issues/conflicts. So i think its time to start a thread telling about how siege went, if we won or lost and a general overview/highlight of that days siege. Feel free to contribute your thoughts about how siege is going here!

edit: plz keep on topic of siege (that means u LC)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:20 am

There is a trick to getting into seige. Gotta be online first. Gotta be in an area with no aggroeable mobs, and gotta push teh join button within 30 seconds of it lighting up. Otherwise there is not even any use in trying to get in. Until seige is fixed we do our best. Sounds like to ights seige went very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:29 am

Tonight's siege did go pretty well. We won, even if it did take the whole hour to do it. Once our offensive team members got all of the opposing guild's members in their castle, we blocked up the bridges closest to their castle extremely well. I got 9 faces of treachery and put 5 of them on one bridge and 4 of them on the other and there were other people in our guild doing the same thing including Spiritsong. That kept them from coming out and reclaiming any of the towers. Then, we went in and took one of the towers closest to their castle. Grinneg and others were instrumental in that part, I got there too late for helping with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingcecil
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:02 am

-_- fine i wont give u advice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:24 am

We are learnig to be just as dirty as other guilds. Faces of Treachory is the best trap in seige. And it so tickes off the other guilds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:10 pm

you gotta have someone get the herald.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:20 pm

"Dirty"? I don't think so.

You are just doing what we have always done as TGO; defense first attack after.

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 pm

well depending on your players, if you can win easily go out and go on the offensive at the start. If its even send 3 or 4 out and get towers andrest defend current ones. If you are going to loose most likely, defend your towers as best you can.

I'd like to mention about something that my new guildmembers said about my old guildmates. The fight Darkanimus vs TGO is no contest and you are out-geared and numbered (that are geared). Both times they versed you guys, many members commented on how well you guys were doing for your gear and numbers vs our gear and numbers. You were holding your ground. I'd like to say good job you guys and hope i can get into a siege versus my favourite people. Hah! Maybe i can try and get Darkanimus to only send Me, Vladimirxx, Aalara and Allidar in, to make it more even. Depending on you have in, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:14 am

Last night's (7/9) siege was a bit rough. Normally we outnumber our opponents, but we were outnumbered from the start and we had people disconnecting and were down to 5 people fairly quickly. We sort of held, but we got dispirited. I got dispirited when Kiya disconnected. One of our great advantages is our instant communication and the balance of ability and strategy the 2 of us usually bring. Never as good on my own, and despite new and better gear, I wasn't able to hold my own very well versus them.

Somehow, someone parked a battering ram of ours in the middle of the map. So I grabbed it and started taking out one of their gates. Curiously, myself, then Lanny and Nom Nom actually took out a gate, their arsenal, their tower factory and even their inner gate when we realized a great many of them were afk/disconnected. We started taking what towers we could, and briefly made a run at it. We ended up losing 4000 - 6000, maybe with a few more people or a little more time it would have been a victory.

We missed everyone who wasn't there, for sure.

Blakjak, thanks for those comments - they make me feel proud of what we are doing. I agree - herald is a big key towards victory, as are coordinated efforts and skilled use of traps/towers/artillery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 am

Grinn and I left the Clops instance at 8:01 and were not able to get in to siege. We were trying to get a Red Thunder chestplate for Mono to replace the one of Verinon's that I destroyed by aggregating my current one onto my costume piece. We went back into Clops, when we couldn't get into siege and even though just the two of us defeated the Zhuridon Negotiator, we still didn't get the chest plate. Instead of practicing siege, I got practice with my tanking skills.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:23 am

haha mono invited me, keep asking even if i say i cant most of the time. Usually when you ask im running dod lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Cool ty for assisting Mono when I dont ahve the time or cannot get online. I do believe if he can get geared he will be a force to recon with. Plus we really shouldn't count on just one Tank in the guild we need at least 2 or 3 even if 1 of them is not so good.
Blak I would greatly appreciate you taking Mono into some of your guild runs. He needs someone with experience to guide him in the right way and I do believe you can fit the bill (or know someone that can).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonoAonoM
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:54 pm

I want to say thanx to you all for trying to help me gear Aerlind is giving me a new cape today.... Blak even though for the most part I know you are busy because ur the best DPS in your guild I think it would be near impossible for me to run with your guild because of the whole no PUGs rule your guild has. It would be awesome if i could get the enitire Red Thunder set because the Aggro bonus is amazing..... same with the stamina bonus. I was so happy when we started takin the lead in siege last night if we had noticed most of the enemies were AFK earlier i think we coulda won.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Allyray
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Well, no siege for me tonight, when I tried to get in, I just faded out and nothing happened.
Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:14 am

7/10's siege was a total rout - we took down our opponent in short order. We outnumbered them by a great deal (12 v 3), and though they had level 58s among their number, it was nothing that couldn't be handled easily. We took all the towers very quickly, got herald, built a couple rams and catapults, and had their gates down and honor crystal in short order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:24 am

MonoAonoM wrote:
I want to say thanx to you all for trying to help me gear Aerlind is giving me a new cape today.... Blak even though for the most part I know you are busy because ur the best DPS in your guild I think it would be near impossible for me to run with your guild because of the whole no PUGs rule your guild has. It would be awesome if i could get the enitire Red Thunder set because the Aggro bonus is amazing..... same with the stamina bonus. I was so happy when we started takin the lead in siege last night if we had noticed most of the enemies were AFK earlier i think we coulda won.

not no PUG's.. I hate clops and hoto lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonoAonoM
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Not what i meant. What i meant is that your guild likes to keep runs with-in the guild
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:18 pm

7/11's siege was a rough one, versus Deadon's guild on Reni (Covenant). After Deadon apologized to Kiya before hand about how badly they were going to beat us, we certainly went into it wary.

Deadon, for better or worse, didn't make it online. But they had several strong members, and they effectively pushed us behind our walls. Their scout/rogue sneaked his way inside before our gates were down and killed many TGO members. We all agreed to band together to eliminate the threat, and after several forays, finally killed the interloper. Despite repeated and determined defensive actions, they broke down one gate and took out our arsenal. We were able to rebuild the gate, however, and take out their rams. The inner keep was festooned with towers, so they weren't able to break in and their attack stalled on our doorstep.

We made a few plays at trying to recapture towers and win the point battle, but we were frustrated by them at most every turn. Still, it was a good fight in that we never gave in and fought them tooth and nail at every step of the way, despite being out-gunned by their very strong high levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 am

7/12's siege was a victory - we faced Covenant again, but only 2 of their members got into the siege. One of them was very strong and harassed us a bit as we were breaking into their castle, but he eventually simply yielded and we took their honor crystal.

Loralyn correctly chided us afterwards about putting crystal extraction towers inside the courtyard - those towers should always be inside the inner keep in the safest place possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakjak02
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:34 am

who was their one member?

Also, they were probably in ZS.. They were in a party i couldn't get in D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonchampion
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Aerlind wrote:
Loralyn correctly chided us afterwards about putting crystal extraction towers inside the courtyard - those towers should always be inside the inner keep in the safest place possible.

Ummmm... does that even need to be said? Positions need to be places defensively to protect the extractors and the towers. Crystal Extractors should be placed hidden up in the Council Chambers, for the best effect.

My Work:

Dragonfyre RPG
Minecraft Fanfiction
R2D Forums
Terraria Fanfiction
Wesnoth R2D
Minecraft R2D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chadloomis.com/thegoldenorder
rohm
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:36 pm

i for one made the mistake of putting crystal extraction tower in the wrong place ,in haste i just droped one cause crystals were low. they say hindsight is 20/20.

as for thier one player it was baracus or something like that , he was extremely tough turning us back repeatedly it was pretty epic in my opinion but we kept persisting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honoka
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:33 pm

As far as any mistakes that were made in that seige they should be overlooked especially if the ones making them are new to seige.
We all were new once and if some new game comes out we will all be there again. Lets all just do our best to win, even against overwhelming odds (Dammit I wish I could get in this sucks big donkey ones).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aerlind
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 am

Agreed with the sentiment that we all need to be forgiving of mistakes. I was just pointing out a mistake that was made so it isn't repeated (a mistake I shared in committing). There are no stupid questions and the siege war has a lot of difficult elements, even if you've been in it a few times.

We had a great effort last night (7/13). Participation was the highest it's been in a long time (I believe we had 14 people in, versus their 9 or so). I'm going to give some credit to Kiya for that, who was really active in explaining how to get in to everyone beforehand.

We had a decent beginning, taking the middle and trapping/towering it up. They had a 58 r/s with 35k hp, so thank goodness we had a lot of high levels as well, and a lot of people harvesting merits. Unfortunately, just as I got herald and was about to add traps, myself and Ultra got disconnected.

After a few attempts I got back in, but didn't keep any of those merits or herald. Thankfully, it seems their r/s got disconnected or gave up in the face of our resistance and we started to push towards their keep, taking the rest of their towers, getting up some catapults to combat their own siege weapons and wall catapults, and breaking down their gates and arsenal before just running out of time before taking their arsenal.

It was a good fight and a great effort all around! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiyalandriel
Heaven Knight
Heaven Knight

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 am

Verinon,

We are always getting in new members and people who are brand new to siege and as Aerlind said, even us more experienced siegers still learn new tricks and things all the time, so please don't make comments about "does this even need to be said" because YES it does. The more information and more we learn the better we get, and I don't think anybody, not even you, is perfect and knows everything there is about siege. There are things that are obvious to me, like laying traps down tight to the tower, that I have to remind people of because they are new and don't know that and it isn't always immediately obvious. It's so situational that we are always changing and improving our tactics and I'm proud of everyone for always trying our best and not giving up. There's been some pretty fun and epic ones lately that I know I have enjoyed. So please just be open to us sharing what we've learned and mistakes we've made and what not without scolding us for not knowing better. But also, thanks for the tip about placing them up above!!! I didn't know that one.

Thanks,
~Kiya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With the way siege has been going....   

Back to top Go down

With the way siege has been going....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next